CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thankful!

It has been a busy Thanksgiving! I am thankful to have gotten off work early on Wednesday and came home and baked banana oatmeal cookies, two strawberry pies, and chocolate peanut butter Rice Krispies! (Doesn't that sound like Thanksgiving?!)

Then, we ate some great chicken fajitas with a friend at Uncle Julio's and then, we got to do something really cool. My friend is a pilot and he took us to a flight simulation place where pilots train on business jets. Flying a jet is much harder than it looks. And the simulation was really neat. Technology today is amazing. We crashed into an aircraft carrier and it felt so real that I had to close my eyes. It was a great way to kick off Thanksgiving!

On Thursday morning, we drove to Ben's parents and stuffed ourselves with all sorts of goodness. Then, we watched two football games. That is a lot of football!!!

Then, on Friday, we drove to my parents. We did a little Christmas shopping and then ate more good food. After taking a nap, we went to visit my Grandmother and then went fishing! (I got some running in both days.)

And now, we are back home and about to head to the Advent service at our church. This weekend, I will write up our Christmas newsletter and do some more shopping.

I am thankful for family, friends, and food! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

1 comments:

Mommy said...

Advent service - how was it? We were out of town. I was NOT hunting in South Texas on a ranch. Would have much rather been with you at church!