CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 2, 2008

30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge - Day 1 and part of Day 2

Yes, it's another challenge. :)

I am doing this challenge with a group of ladies from Sunday School. The goal is to encourage our husbands for the next 30 days and not say anything negative to them. Here's the link to the pdf guide: www.reviveourhearts.com/pdf/30DayChallenge.pdf

I have done this challenge before and it was really helpful. I am quick to say whatever pops in my head and that is not always the best thing! This challenge has helped me to be much more mindful of my words to DH and it has lessened conflict quite a bit. Isn't amazing how much easier conflicts can be resolved without negative mudslinging? I learned that we can still have a disagreement and get it resolved without World War III happening.

The last time I did this challenge it was during the month of the bar exam. I knew that I would be stressed and if I didn't take extra measures, I would take my stress out on DH. It was hard but it really did help. I remember CLEARLY messing up on the first day. Since I try to journal on a daily basis, I would keep a record of whether I said anything negative or not. And the first day had a big X. The following days got better.

I prayed each morning that the Holy Spirit would guide my heart and words and to my surprise - He did!! I finally began to gain some control over my tongue by doing this challenge. I have heard that it takes 30 days to start a new habit or a break a bad one. I hope this challenge blesses you as much as it did me!

So yesterday was Day 1. I think I did OK. It wasn't my best day but I did not say anything overtly negative but I didn't have the best of attitudes towards DH.

As for Day 2, I did start off with encouraging words as he headed to work. So far, so good! :)

I’ll keep you updated, and thanks for the bloggy accountability. If you are doing this challenge, I'd love to hear how it's going! Feel free to leave a comment!

0 comments: