CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Menu Planning for the Week of June 23

Since I am starting a new job, I thought it would be a good idea to plan a menu for the week so that I can manage my time better and eat healthier. I have never been a healthy eater. I always ate to not be hungry since I have a fast metabolism and get hungry every 2-3 hours. So, I would end up eating a lot of junk food because it was fast and easy. Frozen pizzas, candy bars, cookies, Coke.

So I am turning a new leaf and trying to eat healthier and exercise more. I would love to hear how you are trying to be healthy and what works for you!

I am trying to cut out white flour, caffeine, and high fructose corn syrup from my diet and drinks lots of water. DH will also help with the cooking. (Thank you, DH - I appreciate you!!!)

For more weekly menus, check out this website. She hosts the weekly menu organizing and has many other helpful tips. My menu for next week:

Monday, June 23:
Breakfast - whole wheat bagel with cream cheese, yogurt with granola
Snacks - Triscuits with cheese, peanuts, ripe peach
Lunch - Penne a la Betsy from my MOST favorite cooking blog ever, and a piece of fruit
Dinner - lunch leftovers

Tuesday, June 24:
Breakfast - Thomas Whole Grain English muffin with Polaner strawberry jam, banana
Snacks - Baby carrots and Athenos Roasted Red Pepper humus, whole wheat pretzels, ripe peach
Lunch - Lemon Herb Chicken Ring, healthy chocolate chip cookies
Dinner - Eating out

Wednesday, June 25:
Breakfast - whole wheat bagel with cream cheese, banana
Snacks - Triscuits with Laughing Cow spreadable cheese, nectarine
Lunch - Penne a la Betsy, cranberries
Dinner - DH cooks (wahoo!), Lemon pepper pork chops with linguine

Thursday, June 26:
Breakfast - whole wheat bagel with natural peanut butter, peach yogurt with granola
Snacks - Kashi TLC 7 grain crackers and Athenos Roasted Red Pepper humus, peanuts, ripe peach
Lunch - Grilled chicken breast with naan (an Indian bread), fruit
Dinner - Left over pork chops

Friday, June 27:
Breakfast - whole wheat bagel with cream cheese, peach yogurt with granola
Snacks - Triscuits with hummus, peanuts, nectarine
Lunch - Grilled chicken breast with naan (an Indian bread), fruit, cookie
Dinner - Eating out!

What is your favorite healthy snack food? Any suggestions on what is healthy and filling? Please share because I would love new ideas!!

2 comments:

Domestic CEO said...

I just found your blog from Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan post and have to ask: what is the meaning behind your blog's name? I'm always so intrigued by how everyone decides on the names for their blogs. I searched your blog but couldn't find an answer. Care to enlighten me and satisfy my burning curiousity? :)

Lauren said...

- I am obsessed with English muffins (specifically, Thomas's Light Multigrain or Whole Grain or something--they are only 100 calories and have 8g. fiber). I love to use them for sandwiches, or I spread some Laughing Cow cheese on them (my new discovery--WAY yummy), or I spread some jam on them.
- Speaking of jam, Polaner All Fruit is sweetened with fruit juice instead of corn syrup.
- Also, if you want to avoid corn syrup, make pasta sauce with canned tomatoes rather than the kind that comes in a jar.
- Also, we got an ice cream maker, and I have been making a lot of sorbets rather than ice cream. They are SO easy (usually a mix of juice or fruit and some sugar), and they're pretty low-cal. Plus, they are sooo good during the summer because they're super refreshing.