CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Ragamuffin Top Challenge - Getting into shape!

Photobucket

Hello, all! I am finally getting into shape and I am using the "Ragamuffin Top Challenge" to help me. Check out the challenge: http://www.ragamuffinsoul.com/?p=5299 I really like this particular blog. The writer is a worship leader at a church in Georgia. He and his wife adopted a Korean boy and also have two beautiful girls. His blog is hilarious and insightful.

So.....onto the challenge!
My goal is to be able to run some distance without falling over dying. So this week's goal is to run half a mile three times this week.

And I am very pleased to announce that I actually completed half a mile this evening! (Insert the sound of applause!) I am so an anti-runner/work out person. I never thought I had it in me; I am pretty puny. But for the last couple of weeks, I have gotten more serious about exercising. I have a dear friend who has been so encouraging. We walk together, and she is in terrific shape. She has made me walk further than I ever would have voluntarily and pushed me to try harder in a very encouraging and kind manner. Thank you, Donna! So I really do owe tonight's outstanding feat to her!

I am so serious about this exercise thing. I even bought a good pair of running shoes - Asics GT 2130. (but I had a kick-butt coupon during the Memorial Day sale, so it was OK.) These are the feet and shoes that carried me across the finish line tonight:

Thank you, Lord!!!

4 comments:

Carlos said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie!

I am a new muffin challenger and I just wanted to drop by to show some support and get to know a few others. Good for you for your 1/2 mile run. I walked about a mile today at a pretty steady pace and here I thought I was going to die from that! lol You are doing great!! I can't wait to be able to do the same. I hope to stop by and visit soon!

Gretchin

Wishing Flower said...

Julie,

Great job! I am so excited for you. I am right there with you...could not do it without my partner. She pushes me, begs me, fusses at me, encourages me and I never regret it when we are done. I ran in my first race last Saturday, an 8K (5 miles). We are preparing for a 1/2 marathon (13 miles) at the end fo this month. I am in Mississippi and it is hot and humid here. Keep up the good work. I love my Sweat365 site to track my progress. It is free so you might want to set one up for yourself. Keep in touch!!!! http://mississippigirl.sweat365.com/

Anonymous said...

do it! we're all cheering for you!