CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Light Oat Bread - Yum!


I love baking and cooking. I have been forever searching for an excellent bread recipe. The kind that make dinner guests go "This is the best bread I've ever had!" I have tried many, many recipes. I think I am getting closer. I found this recipe at http://www.allrecipes.com/. I love this website because users are allowed to rate and review the recipes so you can pick recipes that have been tested.

I like this recipe because I can use my bread machine, and it only requires all purpose flour, instead of bread flour. It turned out really well. The inside was light and fluffy and actually tasted good. The only downside was that it required more flour than the recipe called for. The dough still looked wet at the beginning of the kneading so I slowly added one cup of flour.

I am not an expert bread baker. But I'm trying to get there. Do you have a bread recipe that works for you? I'd love to read about it!


INGREDIENTS
1 1/4 cups water
2 tablespoons margarine
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

DIRECTIONS
Add ingredients to bread machine pan in order recommended by your manufacturer. Use regular light setting.

3 comments:

Tommy & Jerissa Belsha said...

Hey Julie, this blog is great. I'm excited to keep up with your daily happenings....and I can't believe you are jogging..I am SO PROUD of you; next it will be a marathon just wait =)

Lauren said...

Funny! I just posted a recipe today, too. This bread looks yummy.

Anonymous said...

This recipe looks great -- I'll have to try it :-)