CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Servant Leadership in the Workplace

I have been so blessed this week because God has been teaching me new things through my Bible study, friends, and Sunday school class. I'll share about today's lesson from Sunday School, which was taught by the Grays.

It was about servant leadership and the verse we ended on was Luke 22:27. Here Jesus is speaking to His disciples at the Last Supper:

"For who is greater, the one who is at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one who is at the table? But I am among you as one who serves."

This is a great example of how we are to lead -- by serving. This message comes at perfect time because I am starting a new job tomorrow and I feel like God is telling that I need to be focused on serving. I can be billing a lot of hours but it does no good to the Kingdom unless I am intentionally serving the clients that come in.

So it is nice to go into work with my focus in the proper place. I hope it can stay that way!

Lord, help me to serve others like You did and still do. Give me a heart to serve. Help me to be patient, kind, and encouraging. Help me to do my very best while serving them. Keep my focus on You and Your Kingdom. Be glorified, Lord. Be glorified. Thank you for your unfailing love and continual reaching out to me. Amen.

0 comments: