CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Golfing Update

I am really surprised by how much I enjoy golf. I use to think it was really boring and could not understand why anyone would watch golf on TV. All of that has changed now. Ben and I went to the driving range Wednesday and Friday evening and this afternoon.

I must say that I have improved remarkably since starting about a month ago. I am still pretty bad but I do see improvement each time I go to the driving. My swing has improved. The ball still doesn't make the 100 yard mark but it's going past 50. Ben wonders if it is because I don't have much upper body strength. I don't get blisters on my hands anymore but I do wear gloves on each hand.

Why I enjoy golf:

1. It's something Ben and I can do together.
2. It's easier to hit something stationary than something moving.
3. It's fun.
4. My father-in-law loves golf so it is something we can do together with him.
5. Some day I would like to play golf at courses around the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you certainly are adventurous with all your golfing. I have never tried it, but I fear I would accidently hit someone or vice versa, especially at the driving range (like the driving range scene in the movie "Serendipity"!!). I'm also curious -- where would you like to play golf around the world?

Julie said...

So far, I'd like to play in Japan and Scotland. Any courses you'd recommend in Australia?